Uniquely Point Reyes Things to Do and See near Olema House
Every vacation is an opportunity to discover new things. This could be a new activity, a restaurant, or even a town. When you book your getaway to Point Reyes, there’s no shortage of new things to do and see that are unique to this area of Northern California. Be close to it all by staying at Olema House.
A Bucket List of Unique Activities and Attractions
Whether you’re visiting with friends or family, you’ll have fun making memories as you explore Point Reyes and the surrounding area checking out exciting sights.
- Located in Point Reyes National Seashore, the Cypress Tree Tunnel has been around for over 90 years. The trees were planted around 1930 at the Point Reyes Receiving Station. When you visit, look for signs for the North District Operations Center on the road leading to the lighthouse.
- Another unique sight in Point Reyes National Seashore is Chimney Rock. Found on the eastern spur of the Point Reyes Headlands, this is a great area for those hoping to see birds, wildflowers, and elephant seals. During your exploration, be sure to stop by the Chimney Rock Lifeboat Station.
- Take in the views of Alamere Falls. To get to this picturesque waterfall, you’ll need to embark on a 13-mile round trip hike, but the views at the end make it more than worth it. This is not an easy hike, so only make the adventure if you are dressed appropriately and are not a novice hiker.
- See an abandoned shipwreck in nearby Inverness by visiting the S.S. Point Reyes Shipwreck. Also known as the Tomales Bay Shipwreck, its previous owner dragged this vessel onto shore and planned to fix it up but never did. It’s now a popular photography spot.
- See what life was like on a dairy ranch in the 1900s by visiting Pierce Point Ranch. This site used to be the largest ranch operation in the late 1800s on the peninsula. Interpretive signs outline the history and function of each building.
For more recommendations of things to do and see during your stay, be sure to check out our travel guide.
Discover All Marin County Has to Offer
From exploring unique attractions to trying out new things to do, the possibilities for adventure are endless during your Point Reyes vacation. After a day of exploration, you want a comfortable space to return to, and that’s exactly what you’ll get when you stay at Olema House. Our Marin County lodging features 22 rooms and two cottages, giving you a range of accommodation options to select from. Be sure to stop by Due West Tavern for a delicious bite to eat. Call 415-663-9000 to learn more about this Northern California hotel and current special offers.