From the picturesque coastal wilderness to the peacefulness of the private garden, it’s not hard to feel at ease from the moment you arrive at Olema House. During your stay, explore the West Marin coast at your own pace as you enjoy everything from biking area trails to visiting a nearby winery. Anyone staying at our Point Reyes hotel should leave time in their itinerary to explore Point Reyes National Seashore, filled with hiking trails and more.
What to Do at Point Reyes National Seashore
Sitting on the outskirts of the Point Reyes National Seashore, our Marin coast hotel is just minutes away from a day filled with outdoor adventures. This national park is open every day of the year, which means you can enjoy it no matter when you visit. Comprised of everything from sandy beaches to forested ridges, there is no shortage of things to explore and plenty of ways to do so.
- Explore the Bear Valley Visitor Center, which features historical museum exhibits and orientation of the park’s trails, roads, and history.
- For a unique way to take in the park, book your spot on a safari. Point Reyes Safari offers full- and half-day photography and wildlife excursions.
- Visit the Morgan Horse Ranch and the five horses that call it home. Park rangers use these horses for patrol.
- Your day in the park isn’t complete without visiting the Point Reyes Lighthouse. After 105 years of service, the lighthouse was retired in 1975 and now offers guests stunning views when open.
- There are 150 miles worth of hiking trails to explore, so you can find something that fits your groups’ skill level.
- The waters around the national seashore like Tomales Bar are perfect for a relaxing kayak excursion.
- Found on the northern end of Point Reyes National Seashore is Tomales Point, aka Pierce Point. This ranch gives you a glimpse into early dairy ranching in the area. Near the ranch is a preserve home to 300 to 400 tule elk.
No matter what adventures you enjoy, be sure to follow the park’s Leave No Trace program, which works to lessen the impact of hiking and other activities.
Reconnect with Nature on a Northern California Getaway
Whether you’re exploring hiking trails in Point Reyes National Seashore or going on a birdwatching adventure, there’s no shortage of ways to surround yourself with tranquil nature when visiting Marin County. Sitting just off Highway 1, Olema House is the perfect home base for your next getaway.
We offer a range of room styles as well as two cottages, which means you can find an accommodation that fits your needs and budget. No matter where you lay your head, you’ll have a cozy place to unwind at the end of every day. Be sure to stop by our world-class restaurant and market during your stay. For more information on our hotel, its amenities, or special offers, call 415-663-9000.