Bring Home a Piece of California Art from a Local Gallery
When you stay at Olema House, it won’t take you long to feel a sense of peace take over. Sitting on the outskirts of Point Reyes National Seashore, this Marin County hotel is the perfect destination when you’re looking to escape from it all. Point Reyes is home to amazing outdoor activities, including biking area trails and kayaking nearby waterways. This town is also filled with galleries filled with fantastic art from California artists just waiting for you to wander in.
A Guide to 7 Incredible Galleries near Olema House
The galleries around West Marin are filled with artwork of all mediums, from photography to weaving. Explore the shops to find a new piece of work to bring home with you and remember your trip by.
- Gallery Route One, founded by 25 artists in 1983, works to present art exhibitions, community outreach, and educational programs. The gallery features two exhibition programs, one for visiting artists and one for members.
- Ernesto’s Studio features the work of Ernesto Sanches, a mixed media artist who creates heart-based, spiritually infused, and mystically influenced pieces of art. He opened his Point Reyes studio in 2006 to showcase a range of garden sculptures, altars, masks, and angels.
- If you’re looking for a spot that’s part art gallery, part gift store, visit Leona’s Gallery of Art. Representing a variety of Marin County artists, not only will you find incredible artwork but also a curated collection of locally-made jewelry, gifts, and more.
- Find a new stunning photograph for your wall at home at Marty Knapp Photography Gallery. Opened in 2000, the gallery features landscape and intricate design black and white prints.
- Black Mountain Weavers isn’t your typical gallery. This Point Reyes Station spot strives to offer local and Bay Area fiber artists a place to show and sell their creations. You’ll find everything from sweaters to cardigans, shawls to baby clothes.
- Blunk Space works to advance the legacy and art of JB Blunk. The gallery offers artists a chance to showcase their work to new audiences and collectors.
- At Kim Ford Kitz’s Inverness gallery, you take in the beauty of her oil paintings of skylines, forests, and other landscapes. You can also shop her work online.
Make Memories Exploring Point Reyes
Whether you’re looking at world-class art from California artists or exploring unique things to see near Olema House, there is no shortage of things to discover on your next Point Reyes getaway. Sitting on the outskirts of Point Reyes National Seashore, our Marin coast hotel is the right blend of luxury and comfort. During your stay, be sure to enjoy one of our fireside chats, which take place weekly on Thursdays. Stop by Due West Market for everything you need to enjoy a picnic lunch while exploring.
Every room in our hotel has been designed to offer you a range of accommodation options, from private cottages to loft-style apartments. No matter what lodging option you choose, you’ll have a comfortable place to call home. Call 415-663-9000 to learn more about our hotel or current special offers.