Explore Point Reyes on a Long-Weekend Cottage Getaway
You don’t need to take a week off to have a memorable vacation. Sometimes the perfect reset only requires a long weekend. For a relaxing but adventure-filled four-day escape, reserve a cottage at Olema House. Our accommodations will have you feeling at peace from the moment you arrive. During the day, get out and explore Point Reyes, and spend your nights unwinding in the comfort of your home away from home.
A Checklist of Fun Things to Do in Point Reyes
While your Point Reyes cottage is only an hour north of San Francisco, you’ll feel like you’ve entered a totally different world. This region of California is filled with coastal wilderness waiting for you to explore.
- Disconnect and spend time outdoors at a nearby state park. Tamales Bay State Park has three distinct areas to explore, while Samuel P. Taylor State Park is an excellent spot for horseback riding.
- Pop into Gallery Route One, Black Mountain Weavers, or one of the other local art galleries to find a new piece of art.
- No stay at our California cottages is complete without visiting Point Reyes National Seashore. The national park has numerous activities, including hiking trails, kayaking excursions, and more.
- Go on a self-guided tour of local wineries. Your outing can include stops at Heidrun Meadery, Trek Winery, and West Wind Wines.
- Experience the beauty and uniqueness of the Cypress Tree Tunnel at the KPH Maritime Radio Receiving Station.
As a guest of Olema House, you have access to our specially curated experiences. These events, which include cocktail making, stargazing, and dye workshop, are a great way to learn something new while on vacation.
Reserve Your Cottage Escape Today
Situated just off Highway 1, Olema House is the ideal home base for anyone looking to explore Point Reyes. Situated on four tranquil acres of lawns and gardens, our Point Reyes hotel has everything you need to feel at home.
When booking your stay, you have your choice of reserving one of our guest rooms or cottages. Our cottages, Creekside Cottage and Casa Olema Cottage, are perfect for those looking for a bit more privacy and space. Each of these spaces features cozy bedrooms, inviting living areas, and more. To learn more about these accommodations or special offers, call 415-663-9000.